Collections and Gifts & Donations
Library collections are designed to fully meet the information resources needs of GU-Q students, faculty and staff and to ensure the highest quality teaching and research. The Library purchases resources directly related to the curriculum and research needs.
Our collections include
- More than 90,000 print books in Qatar plus 1.6 million ebooks and more than 3 millions books on the Main Campus.
- More than 180,000 academic journals in electronic format and 60 print titles of academic and general interest.
Gifts & Donations
The Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) Library welcomes small donations of scholarly materials to enhance its collection. Only materials that fall within the guidelines of the GU-Q Library Collection Development Policy will be accepted.
In general the following factors are considered
- Value for teaching or research
- Relevance to existing collection
- Physical condition
- The currency of the edition. For most subjects only the latest edition will be accepted.
- Duplication of existing materials (in general, duplicate titles are not accepted).
- Copies of books written by GU-Q faculty are welcomed
All donations are accepted without obligation to the donors and on the understanding that upon receipt the material becomes the property of GU-Q Library. The library reserves the right to dispose of items not deemed suitable for the collection at any time.
How to donate
Small donations can be brought to the library and left with a member of the library team. We define a small donation as material ranging from 1-10 items.
If you are considering making a larger donation please contact Donna Hanson, and include the following details:
- Approximate number of items
- A list of titles with the following:
- subject area
- age and condition
- Your contact details