Collections and Gifts & Donations
Library services for GU-Q faculty and staff are designed to fully meet their information resources needs to ensure the highest quality teaching and research at GU-Q and to support our collaborative roles in developing a supportive and enriching learning environment for our students.
Our collections include
- More than 1.3 million book titles including 1.25 million e-books and more than 90,000 print monographs.
- More than 80,000 academic journals in electronic format and 200 print titles of academic and general interest.
- Our multimedia collections include more than 7,000 online documentaries and movies and a further 6,000 on DVD.
- An Arabic collection of more than 5000 academic books, journals and DVDs.
- The Islamic Medical & Scientific Ethics (IMSE) Special Collection has multi-lingual resources on Islamic bioethics. It is complemented by an English and Arabic database of more than 2,000 citations of related books, journal articles and audio-visual resources.
Gifts & Donations
The Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) Library welcomes small donations of scholarly materials to enhance its collection. Only materials that fall within the guidelines of the GU-Q Library Collection Development Policy will be accepted.
In general the following factors are considered
- Value for teaching or research
- Relevance to existing collection
- Physical condition
- The currency of the edition. For most subjects only the latest edition will be accepted.
- Duplication of existing materials (in general, duplicate titles are not accepted).
- Copies of books written by GU-Q faculty are welcomed
All donations are accepted without obligation to the donors and on the understanding that upon receipt the material becomes the property of GU-Q Library. The library reserves the right to dispose of items not deemed suitable for the collection at any time.
How to donate
Small donations can be brought to the library and left with a member of the library team. We define a small donation as material ranging from 1-10 items.
If you are considering making a larger donation please contact Donna Hanson, and include the following details:
- Approximate number of items
- A list of titles with the following:
- subject area
- age and condition
- Your contact details